Saturday, October 6, 2007

Movie Review: Michael

By Joni:

Movie reviews are not cheating! It's our book club! We can do what we want! Besides, I just learned something about this movie that is really, really cool!

I have seen the movie "Michael" a couple of times but it wasn't until recently that I realized it was a retelling of the "Wizard of Oz" story! OMG, how dense am I that I missed it before? Andie McDowell's character is even named "Dorothy"!! There's a little dog, a "tin man" without a heart, and a long journey from Kansas (!!) to the Sear's Tower in Chicago wherer a little man controls things from behind the scenes. I love it! I liked the movie in it's own right before but now I can't wait to watch it again and look for more connections..... Anyone out there love this movie as much as I do?

No comments: