Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe

This book charmed me from page one. Possible because it completely reminded me of my best friend -- Joni. If you haven't read this book, Jonz, you need to, because it has so many similarities to those college days -- feeling lost and lonely, afraid and small; trying desperately to maintain our character, just trying to feel our way through it.

I was riveted by this book and Charlotte became a very real part of my life. I felt like I was going through all those growing pains all over again. I lost a lot of sleep staying up way too late reading Charlotte Simmons, and I loved every minute of it.

I highly recommend this read for everyone, but especially those of you who, like Joni and I, came from small towns and stepped off the cliff into college and all that went with it.

No comments: